Operating a Profitable Restaurant – Episode 19
Remaining compliant in today’s restaurant industry landscape is no task for the faint of heart. With state and federal regulations constantly changing, it’s easy to see how so many independent restaurants are getting fined for compliance issues. In this episode of Operating a Profitable Restaurant, hear from RSI Strategic Development Officer, Matt Vannini, and RSI Director of Compliance, Brian Smith as they discuss how the RSI Compliance Team can alleviate much of the stress and headaches revolving around updated legislation; and, thanks to a few call-ins from our New Jersey clients, they chat about the most recent Paid Sick Leave updates to take place in New Jersey beginning October 29, 2018. Tune in and we’ll take you through the following:
- How does the RSI Compliance Department work and what do they do?
- What is the New Jersey Paid Sick Leave Rule and when does it take effect?
- How can RSI manage these regulations with our Accounting System?
- What is frontloading versus accrual?
- What considerations should be made when determining if you should frontload or accrue?
- What can the New Jersey Paid Sick Leave be used for and how will employees get paid with it?